With the upcoming release of the live action Beauty and the Beast on March 17th, I thought I’d share with you my experience at the Be Our Guest restaurant.
Be Our Guest is located in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. You’ll find it in the Fantasyland section of the park!
A few things to know before you go:
- You must be a paid visitor to enter the park and to eat at Be Our Guest.
- You must have reservations now for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’ve heard there is a chance you could still get in at lunch time during slower periods, but you cannot expect this. You can make Advanced Dining Reservations up to 180 days in advance of your trip.
- Breakfast is an excellent time to visit as you can make an early morning dining reservation, as early as 8:00 am, and enter the park early. This allows you to get in the park when hardly anyone is there, which is great for pictures. And, when you finish you can get a head start of regular park goers on rides and character meet and greets that would typically either require a fast pass or an extremely long wait. We were able to visit Ariel’s Grotto with little wait.
- Regardless of having a reservation, you will still have to wait in line. I say this because it surprised me. You will check in out side in front of the castle. Then you will have to wait to enter. Once you enter the castle, you will stand in line. While standing in line you will see menus up and you will want to decide what you want to eat before you get to the end of the line. Then a host will direct you to a tablet/computer station where you will place your order. Once you place your order you will then choose where you want to sit and a server will bring you your food.
- I’m not sure how it works at lunch and dinner, but at breakfast you had to get your own beverages. There was a coffee station set up and you just drank from styrofoam cups. Honestly, it felt a little too quick service for what we were paying for our meal. This is probably the only negative to the restaurant.
- You can’t eat The Grey Stuff at breakfast!
- One downside to breakfast, although my husband considered it a good thing, is that you will not encounter Belle or the Beast during your meal. For the best chance to see them, get a dinner reservation or you can catch a glimpse of them in the Festival of Fantasy parade!
We were using the Disney Dining Plan when we went and got the Feast A La Gaston, which could easily have been a shared meal. But, since we were on the dining plan we each got one. It had potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit and an assortment of pastries.
Honestly, the pastries were the best part and wished I could have finished them all, but instead tried a little of each!
You can check out the Be Our Guest Menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Walt Disney World website.
The absolute best part of eating at Be Our Guest is that you are in the Beast’s Castle. You have the choice of eating in three different sections of the castle.
Your first choice is the Grand Ballroom, the largest space and the most open. It is also the most crowded and noisy. You can also go into the Castle Gallery, fashioned after the library and features Belle and the Beast dancing in the center. This is where we ate and it felt much more intimate and quiet.
You can also choose to eat in the dark and gloomy West Wing where you can see Beast’s torn portrait and the enchanted rose.
Regardless of when you choose to go, the Be Our Guest restaurant is a must do for your Walt Disney World vacation! Have you been to Be Our Guest for breakfast, lunch or dinner? What did you think?